Saturday, February 9, 2008

Emily - Feedack to Affordances

Susan - Computer tutorials vs. human tutors

Susan had a very thorough list of uses for computer tutorials. I agree with the many uses for providing practice and access, especially at our own pace. Computers are available when needed and desired; not on someone else's schedule. We use some computer tutorials in my classroom because they are so user friendly.

Paula - Spreadsheet vs. hand calculation

I could not live without Excel. My bills, my address lists, my child support....everything I do is on an excel worksheet! It's a life saver for quick access, easy number crunching, and organization. My dad started it by putting all his accounts and passwords, so that my mom or I would have access if anything happened to him. It was a great way to organize. And, so many times, I miss a number here or there when calculating by hand or even with a calculator; human errors are too common.

Kathrin - Powerpoint vs. poster/transparencies

Powerpoint is a great way to make useful games/activities for my students to use; they are able to use the touchscreen to flip through the slides. I think you did a great job explaining the uses of powerpoint vs. transparencies. Powerpoint can be confusing because there are so many bells and whistles; too much for my small technological mind.

Francoise - Wiki vs. webpage

I thought you did an excellent job at explaining this because I had no clue what Wiki even was before this class! It is nice to be able to restrict access when so much on the internet is out for the world to see.